Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our New Christmas Ornament

We put up a Christmas tree Sunday. It's a cheap little prelit white one we picked up a couple of years ago and somehow used through two Christmases. Not this year. This year it's the kids tree and in a couple of week we'll pick up a nice pine or spruce at one of the local stands. Anyway...

Since the white one is the kids tree they've been making decorations. My son directed my construction of a paper chain (he has a hard time with the tape dispenser). The colours he choose were yellow, orange and black. Very Halloweeny, eh? So that's on the tree.

Yesterday my daughter was coloring monsters from the Dover Mythological and Fantastic Creatures CD-ROM and Book.



It's clip art but clip art can make great coloring pages, especially with the weird, wonderful and occasionally horrific creatures in this collection. One of the creatures was this guy...



You'll notice he's brightly coloured. He's also been carefully cut out and if I had a working digital camera I'd show you where he's currently hanging...On the kids' Christmas tree!

I guess they're going for a horror theme...?

6 comments:

kitten said...

Kids will be kids! Yea, we have always had a live tree, but for some reason 2 years a go my hubby wanted a fake one. He doesn't know yet, but I want a live one this year. It seems more Christmasy and smells good.
Sorry haven't around much, but with writing this novel, school and everything life throws I have been busy.
Maybe things will settle soon.
Toodles!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of tree, where's my crystal growing one? Suuuuuure, dangle that delectable freebie in my face and then forget about me... Sigh... forever my life story, dangled and forgotten... :p

Dawn said...

Oh damn! Nevermind the fact that we're supposed to maybe, possibly get together at some point. :)

I'll mail it Friday (maybe Thursday night even if the hubby gets home on time). If I don't you can spam my blog with links to dirty pron sites!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Santa will bring you a digital camera for Christmas because I'd love to see what a scary Christmas tree looks like! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, fun. Horror trees? My brother and I had our own sorry little smushed plastic tree to decorate every year and it was our pride and joy. I have no idea why, now, but it was.

Dawn said...

I remember one christmas when the boys set up a scene in which their G.I. Joe attacked Santa. We all got a big kick out of it even though I'm fairly sure poor Santa bit the dust.