Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If You Give a Senator a Pizza...

I LOVE this story. Pizza delivery girl delivers pizza to the Majority Leader in the Utah State Senate. Majority leader wants to pay with a cheque but when told he can't he alternates between a preschool-style temper tantrum and, "Do you know who I am?" style bullying. Pizza girl blogs about it and soon the whole world knows.

This is the kind of payback thing retail workers of the world dream about.

In a world with blogs, you better watch your manners.

h/t to Why Homeschool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great girl :)

molytail said...

It's amazing when you consider how far reaching the internet is...I mean, this is a young girl in Utah who had a quiet little blog (that's my impression anyway - you linked the news article on spot and I saw her say she only ever got a couple of comments here and there) and all of a sudden, people EVERYWHERE are hearing about it....boggles my mind when I think about it too much - here I am, sitting on my 'somewhat detached from the rest of the world' island (you'd have to live here on the island to really know what I mean - even from NS to PEI there's a big diff) and reading her story. Freaky.

NYC Educator said...

Man, what a maroon. It's said that pompous windbags like that are the ones making the laws. And running the schools too.

Anonymous said...

HeeHeeHee.

Dawn said...

I'm thinking the sad thing about all this is that the girl will probably feel guilty about the trouble she's caused (apparently she's apologized to the dork) but the dork will feel no guilt. He sounds like the type of person that will justify his behaviour, villify the injured party and go on never understanding how wrong what he did was.

Still, at least we get to laugh at him for a bit.

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a complete moron (the senator, not the girl). Maybe this will teach people not to play the "do you know who I am" game. It will come back to bite you in the southern hemisphere.