Friday, August 1, 2008

Curriculum Sellers - Pet Peeve

I want a specific curriculum. It's The Elements by Ellen McHenry and it looks like a lot of fun. The only hitch? I have no idea if she ships to Canada. I've emailed 3 times to two different addresses (the first one, the one on her site, didn't work) and have had no response yet.

I don't think there's anything nefarious going on here, just a busy woman with a full mailbox. But darn it all, it's frustrating and I don't want to trust a site with an order if I can't even get a response to an email.

For people selling curriculum who don't want to frustrate customers like me there is a solution. Give your customers the option of PDF downloads. Knock a few dollars off the price (what you save in media costs) and let a customer get access to your material as soon as they've paid. There are no issues with shipping to deal with, no worries about parcels that arrive late or not at all, just a quick transaction and a happy customer.

If you're out there Ellen, please contact me. Your curriculum looks fantastic and the sample lesson was a hit with my daughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, that does look good

did you notice that you can download the first chapter of the student book for free? while you're waiting, I mean...

Dawn said...

Yup. Catherine's starting it next week. She looked over it and thinks it's great...Just a matter of getting it!