Thursday, August 28, 2008

From Mohawks to Wheel Bearings

Catherine has been wanting a haircut so today was the day.



Harry, inspired by a little Mohawk his cousin was wearing (tiny really, meant to be shaved away by the time school started), decided he would get his hair cut too. I couldn't talk him out of it.



My mother-in-law is going to kill me.

Next was the local music studio where Catherine was signed up for classical violin lessons. She's been wanting to do this for a couple of years but we didn't have the money. Next week we go back and buy her a violin. I'm delighted because the owner seems to think she could use a full size violin. Whoo hoo! I've been wanting to resurrect my own violin-playing days lately so this means I can borrow hers!

Then the car went to the garage to get the previously mentioned wobble checked out. The tires were fine and properly balanced but the wheel bearings were shot. Less then a year after new ones were put in. Ahem. Thankfully the garage took responsibility, saying that they'd had a bit of trouble with bearings from one supplier and so would search out a different supplier, not charge me for today and not charge me for the new bearings. I love my garage.

That about sums the day up. Other than that I'm just living in fear of the day my mother-in-law sees Harry's Mohawk. Help.

5 comments:

molytail said...

Aw, they look adorable, both of them! (hey, is that google pink?)

Heh, grandmother's are funny about kids hair - we've been down that road when Cindy had hers coloured bright pink. *grin*

Dawn said...

The google is pink. You know googles? :D

Catherine's been wanting one for awhile and last week she noticed the local Pharmsave had one so she took her allowance and car-cleaning money and bought one.

Luke Holzmann said...

I wish I remembered who said it, but the quote goes something like: There has never been so much fuss made about so trivial a thing as a child's hairstyle.

~Luke

molytail said...

Do I know googles? hahahahahaha.

You don't want to know how many webkinz are in this house. Even if you did, I don't want to go count them. I may never come back. :-P

Cindy & I both kinda ummmm... yeah.

Overboard. SPLASH!

Autumn Leavz said...

Hey Dawn,
It's Autumn from the homeschool spot forum. Thought I'd check out your blog. Your kids are adorable and he is rocking that mohawk! :)
Well, I'll see you around,
Autumn