Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm Nervous

Come Wednesday there will be a bid process that will determine where my husband will have his first real position. The two possibilities are a town that's a good 7 hour drive away in another province or a town 30 minutes away that's actually where we would want to build in a few years.

If he gets the neaby town we've decided we'll look at buying a duplex there. Prices are low and we could buy one, live in it, rent the apartment and possibly hold on to our current property and rent it as well. We'd still be building off grid in a few years, we just wouldn't have to try to make our tiny house work for us in the meantime.

So if my posts are short, dull and uninspiring for the next few days, it's because I'm preoccupied. I'm imagining a bigger house by fall, looking at all the real estate websites and hoping, hoping, hoping.


Jacqueline said...

Can't wait to hear which he gets! You could always share your imaginings in your blog posts. That wouldn't be dull or uninspiring. :)

Noodle said...

Oooh, good luck! I can't wait to hear the news!

We'll be moving soon too, possibly by the end of this year. Now I'm beginning to think that our husbands have similar jobs too! :)

molytail said...

I hope you get the one you want. :-)

I agree with Jacqueline about sharing your imaginings - *if* you feel like it, of course.

Dawn said...

Noodle - Shannon will be an S&C maintainer. He's actually doing that right now but it's a temporary position.

Jaqueline and Molytail - Good idea!

Noodle said...

Ah yes, our husbands are a bit similar. Mine manages yard construction. We will be moving as soon as his current project is finished. I'm guessing March.