Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birthday Party Planning for Catherine

I did it. For the first time ever I have the party of one of my children planned at least two weeks in advance with invitations ready to go. Usually parties are a much more last minute affair and end up with us either paying for some package, like a movie theatre party or just inviting people over with no real plan while the kids go wild. Not this time.

Kids will arrive at a local wildlife park after lunch where our first activity will involve spliting them into groups headed by an adult with a digital camera. Each team will get a list of clues. They'll have to figure out what animal the clue refers to and then head to the enclosement where they'll have to get a picture of the animal (or the info sign) and a picture of them acting like the animal. I'm not sure if I'll bring the laptop so we can giggle at the pictures or send them cds after the fact. Once that's over with we'll head to the nearby picnic park.

At the picnic park we'll do an animal craft. After the craft we'll eat cupcakes and open presents. If there's time to kill after that we can play animal charades.

The only hitch would be rain but if it does rain, we'll simply be brave and get wet. That's why I'm opting for cupcakes rather then a cake, easier to distribute in case of dramatic downpour.

So that's it. It's planned. Invitations go out today. Two weeks before the party. I astonish myself sometimes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like me so much I am making sure I didn't write this. LOL. Sounds like a winning party! May have to file this one in the ol' "for the future parties" file folder. Oh wait, I don't have such a filing system or I wouldn't be an unorganized as I am. Good job Momma!

Dawn said...

I know! And it only took me 10 years! :D Trust me, you keep reading my blog and any idea that a homeschooling mom needs to be organized and well-prepared will soon disappear.

Anonymous said...

For the first time ever I have the party of one of my children planned at least two weeks in advance with invitations ready to go.

Add me to the list of people that could've written this post :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! That sounds like so much fun, but a lot of work! You will have to let us know how it goes.
-(another) Lynn

Jacqueline said...

Good for you! Sounds like fun!

molytail said...

oooo...what a neat idea with the photos and stuff! I bet they'll love it! :-)

Noodle said...

That is going to be a great party! I love scavenger hunts!