Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yard Sale Finds

Today was a huge local yard sale in which people along a long stretch of rural road set up table to sell their old junk to the neighbours. Part of me hates it. People start thinking they can walk drive and park anywhere and that their survival when crossing a road rests more with magic fairies then common sense. But part of me loves it. The kids and I grab some money and spend a couple of hours browsing the yard sales close to home.

Our best finds? Catherine is thrilled with her Harry Potter Gamecube game. My old Dayrunner book that I've carted around for a decade is on it's last legs so I was happy to see the exact same model on a table for a quarter. Harry's best find? A game called Penguin Shuffle that's been keeping him occupied since we got home. I shot a video with the camera to show the essence of it. Be warned that the picture is way too dark and I should've reshot it but see, Chewy the cat was gnawing on Catherine and me through the whole affair, and well, bad lighting or not the video tells a story.



NOTE: The video should be viewable soon.

Okay, It's viewable now but even worse then it looked before I uploaded it. *sigh* Nevermind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head!

molytail said...

Neat looking game! :-D

i *love* yard sales - it's getting late in the year for them here, but there's still a few kicking around....

concernedCTparent said...

Not only the song, but Catherine's lyrics too! "I got a Harry Potter game today. I got a ..." My children asked to watch this at least three times yesterday as those penguins are highly entertaining. Then they went around singing "I got a Harry Potter game today."

That was fun! Thanks for the smiles and giggles.

Dawn said...

LOL! I'll have to post a better video though. the game is insanely cute and deserves better lighting.

I'll have to tell Catherine she has her first hit single! :D

Anonymous said...

But I wanted to see what happened after all those penguin slots got filled! What are the slides for??? Sigh... darn cat. Cute cat. Pretty eyes.

Dawn said...

Hang on Lorraine, Penguin Shuffle: The Sequel is in post-production as I type. The release date will likely be Sept. 9/2008. We're hoping for an Oscar nomination.