Saturday, September 20, 2008

20 Questions Meme

Lynn had the nerve to tag me for this meme so here goes...

1. How many songs are on your iPod?

iPod? Do I look like some Apple nerd? I don't own no stinkin' iPod!

2. What music would you want played at your funeral?

Traditional Cape Breton fiddle music. I'm not big on my roots but that would be nice.

3. What magazines do you have subscriptions to?


National Geographic and Homeschooling Horizons. When we get a bigger house I will be adding pretentious mags like the Atlantic Monthly and Harper's and also some comic book subscriptions.

4. What is your favorite scent?

Cloves and in second place, gingerbread loaf before you've baked it and just after you've poured the hot water (according to my recipe anyway) into the dry mix.

5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it?

A '63 Corvette, a nice house on the ocean, 6 months trips to different locales and books.

6. What is your theme song?

Ode to Joy.

7. Do you trust easily?

YES. Which is probably why I'm developing a more sceptical side at this point in my life. Still, if you stand in front of my so that I can look into your eyes and tell me that you are the love child of Tom Cruise and Robby the Robot, I will believe you.

8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?

Both to an extreme.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?

The prospect that Stephen Harper might form a majority government. Eww. Eww. Eww.

10. Do you have a good body-image?

Generally. I have my moments but overall I tend to think well of my chubby self.

11. Is being tagged fun?

It always cheers me up to think someone thought of me and tagged me, especially when it comes from bloggers I admire (*cough* Lynn *cough*). It also makes for a really easy posting day. :D

12. How do you spend your social networking (Facebook, etc.) time?

Mostly blogging but I also post at an atheist forum, two homeschool forums and my internet home, the MaximumPC forums. I do a bit with Facebook but it's not nearly as fun.

13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?

Buying curriculum. White chocolate Lindt bars.

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

I know she's generous. She's obviously very intelligent and has a good sense of humour. I also think she's the kind of sharp that sees through issues into their core. Her one glaring flaw is that she lives in another country and on the other side of the continent. Makes it hard for me to invite her over for a coffee.

15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head?

The Unicorn Song by the Irish Rovers. I'm so sorry I Molytail. I now know your pain.

16. What’s your favorite item of clothing?

A spiffy if impractical black jacket I bought last spring.

17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?

Only when there are melted marshmallows involved.

18. What would you do if you see saw $100 lying on the ground?

Let the local people or merchants know about it and then take it down to the local police station in case the person tried to track it down.

19. What items could you not go without during the day?

Coffee.

20. What should you be doing right now?

Making breakfast for my son.

"I'm hungwee mom!"

Okay. Okay. Pancakes and bacon on the way.

I'm tagging Molytail because I mentioned her in the post and anyone else who's interested!

3 comments:

kitten said...

I'm glad you did anyways. It's good to learn more about the friend on the other end!

Anonymous said...

LOL at "When we get a bigger house I will be adding pretentious mags like the Atlantic Monthly and Harper's."

Last time our library had a sale I picked up some fancy-schmancy "coffee table books" on famous artists. Now, whenever I see them, even I am instantly impressed with myself :D

Thank you so very much, Dawn, for your very sweet compliments. Maybe, if John and Sarah get elected, I'll move up your country and we can get together for coffee! I'd like that, too :)

yofed said...

I did it on my blog too! ;) Thanks for the smiles!

http://yofed.blogspot.com/2008/09/20-question-meme.html