Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

This is so sad. Here I am letting people know it's my birthday today and the truth is that I forgot about it myself for most of the day. Anyhow, I'm 35 now and happy to be that age.

Regardless of my forgetting about my birthday I still had an amazing day. Rebecca from Chop Wood, Carry Water and I hooked up at a local wildlife park to meet and let our Hobbit-loving daughters get to know each other. As I pulled in I noticed half a dozen vehicles pulling in and unloading. All moms with kids ranging from babies to teenagers.

It couldn't be.

It was! A group of homeschoolers from the city was having a day at the park as well! They invited us to join them and we all had a wonderful time wandering around the park at our own speed. It gets better since it turns out one of the employees was also a homeschooling mom.

It was like stepping out of the real world into an alternate and infinitely cooler universe.

I had a fantastic time, had a lot of great laughs with Rebecca and Catherine couldn't stop talking about her daughters and how great they were.

A great way to spend a birthday.

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Happy birthday to you! Sure sounds like it was a great day. I'm so glad!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!! I hope you had a great day. Thirty-five is a great age. The problem is, you won't get those cute crows feet for years to come. :-)

concernedCTparent said...

Happy, happy birthday Dawn! Sounds like a beautiful day.

Frankie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

What a perfect day.

molytail said...

Ack! I didn't look here yesterday, dang it. :-P

Happy Birthday a day late then, and I am sticking my tongue out at you cuz YOU are older than ME. Ha! Ha!

Okay not by much. *grin*

Awesome way to spend the day! :-)

yofed said...

Happy birthday!!!

Thomas J. West said...

Happy Birthday. My oldest son's is today (Oct. 1) - he's 7. I'm 35 myself. :-)

Thank you for the compliment about my articles. Please visit and check out the other articles I have to offer. Some are here, the rest are listed by category under blog on my sitemap.

Sharing my articles with homeschoolers just makes a lot of sense, as home school families often need outside assistance from experts in areas like music.

Again, happy birthday.

Luke Holzmann said...

Happy Birthday!

~Luke

Dawn said...

Thank you everyone! A friend brought me over a box of chocolates for my birthday today and I'd share some with you all to celebrate but...It's chocolate. It's all mine. You can't have it. :D

momofmhasr said...

Happy Birthday, a little late *U*. It is no more shameful then me telling everyone it is my anniversary. I hope you had a great one!

Melchior del DariƩn said...

Hoo-boy, am I late on this --sorry!

Happy Birthday, Dawn, and here's wishing you many, many more!

Autumn Leavz said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!! (Belated!) Glad you had a good day!