I had my bookcases lined up against one wall. The problem with that was the wall had formerly not had a floor attached to it but a staircase. At some point the previous owners had taken out the stairs and done a good-enough job of a patch. Good-enough for walking on and playing on. Not nearly good enough for hundreds of pounds of books.
The floor has gotten a bit soft, the bookcases were dangerously wobbly. Yesterday I moved them.
I know you guys know the work involved when moving books in a homeschooling house.
Here's about forty percent of them in various piles before I culled them and put away the keepers:
I should mention that the cull isn't an honest one. I simply took out most of our scifi and fantasy paperbacks to put into storage since no one is reading them at the moments. Better to stick to what we're actually using.
I am not looking forward to when we have to pack all the books up when we eventually move house.