Thursday, August 23, 2007

I think I'll take a break.

I think I'll take a break from consistent blogging until September 4th. I have my brother's wedding coming up next weekend and so have to be ready to fly across the country next Thursday. Also, a neighbour died yesterday and I'm trying to help by looking after a child that came with one of the relatives (who will be here for several weeks) so including my two, my neice and nephew and random neighbourhood kids I'll likely be averaging about 5 or 6 kids in the house.

Not that I absolutely won't post but for the next week but it's most likely that I won't. Between August 30th and September 4th it's a certainty.

And just in case anyone was wondering, Calico didn't make it. The poor guy finally died yesterday morning and is now buried under a bed of Nasturtiums that will bloom in all the beautiful colours of a calico fantail.

7 comments:

Melchior del DariƩn said...

Bummer about Calico (and your neighbor). Sounds like the fish has been given an enviably thoughful final resting place, though.

Man, it definitely sounds like you're going to be a busy woman in the next few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Oh bummer about Calico. We have a Betta fish that I worry about too. They supposedly live only a couple of years or so.

"See" you after the 4th.

kitten said...

Bless your heart! Here is ((((hugs)))) to you for the next few weeks. Sounds like you gonna need it. I had a lot of kids at my house all summer, one dae I had 15, So, sweetie you better have that chocolate and coffee now!
Sorry to hear about your nieghbor and fish. Good luck at the wedding. To me the best thing about a wedding is when they are over. They can be so stressful! Here!, have another chocolate and coffee

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I was summoned here by talk of chocolate and coffee. Then I hear about your fish... I'm really sorry. It's such a sad thing, seeing a pet die.

Averaging 5 or 6 kids/day? Sounds like you'll be very busy. Yes, chocolate and coffee will help :)

concernedCTparent said...

Sorry about your neighbor. While it should prove hectic, I am certain your help couldn't be more appreciated.

I was sad to hear about Calico. I believe the nasturtium tribute is a lovely one, and most fitting.

Dawn said...

Thanks everyone!

Dawn said...

Thanks everyone!