Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Regret

It's my blog's name.

Day by Day Homeschooling just sucks the big one. Once, it reflected what I wanted to do with the blog but since I've decided to abandon that particular focus (posting a day by day account of our family's homeschooling) it's not such a good fit.

No, that doesn't mean I'm going to change the name. I'm quite aware that my blog's name is likely part of how people who read it think of me. And besides, it's like that ugly sweater that gets pulled out on cold nights. Ugly yes, but comforting and familiar.

So I'll keep it. I just wish I'd had the foresight to call it something a little more clever.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be happy that you're not me with a blog that IS aptly titled :)

JJ Ross said...

Well, just for starters "Dawn to Dawn" certainly could hardly have helped being a better fit!
:)

Anonymous said...

Actually, after thinking about it, Day by Day could be easily adapted - while keeping name recognition. For example: Day by Day (okay, don't laugh) Discoveries, or Considerations, Reflections, or Disclosures... Just changing out Homeschooling for something you think is more descriptive... Just a thought. I'll leave now :)

Dawn said...

Lynn - I like that idea! Day by Day Discoveries in particular...That leaves room for not only my homeschooling posts but my pointless blatherings and you tube recycling!

Okay, I'm actually considering that now.

Heather said...

I like "Day by Day Discoveries" too. I'd leave homeschooling in your description though. It will help other homeschoolers wandering the internet to find you. I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't stumbled upon a secular homeschool blog early on - probably still thinking I was the only homeschooler in the world that wasn't doing it for religious reasons.

Can you change your blog title without making a whole new blog?

molytail said...

heh, mine doesn't even HAVE a name yet....just those poor little stars across the top LOL

Andrea R said...

Keep the blog address, change the title at the top of the page. Look at doc's. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the same way about my blog name. I may leave teaching, but don't want Taylor to die!

Dawn said...

Leave teaching?? Did I miss that on your blog?