Monday, July 2, 2007

My First Meme

Not June Cleaver tagged me for a meme a little while ago but I missed it due to computer troubles. Now I have a brand spanking new XP install and EJ Cooksey has tagged me for a new meme. Whoo hoo!

I have to list 7 things about myself so here goes...

1) I sing as well as I draw, maybe better actually.

2) I take a size 10 or 11 shoe. Yes. I really do.

3) I was a huge horror movie fiend as a teenager and could tell you in detail how they constructed to model decapitated head and what they made the fake blood out of.

4) My favourite singer is Bing Crosby.

5) I used to be involved in provincial youth politics. Right wing party...But it was right wing in Canada so roughly the equivilent of the Democratic Party in the US.

6) I am not a very good housekeeper but I'm working on getting better.

7) I love Siamese cats but don't have one at the moment.

The rules of this meme also state I have to tag 7 other bloggers. I feel weird about that and maybe it's my relative noobness to blogging but I think I'll leave it open for 7 people to tag themselves.

4 comments:

ChristineMM said...

Thanks for putting my blog in your sidebar. (The Thinking Mother)

BTW did you glean from my blog that I was raised in a Godless home? In my 20s my parents finally professed their athiesm instead of saying they are just agnostic. My parents raised me saying "you can decide what you believe when you grow up". However in reality they raised me to believe in nothing which was a default athiesm teaching.

It was interesting to be exposed to nothing then when 18 to be officially approved to go find my own opinions on spirituality and religion. Talk about a self-education (it has taken years).

Back when I was a more vague God-believer, I negotiated with my practicing-Catholic husband to teach our children all religions and to teach that one is not more right than another. This is a whole evolving process, that is all that I can say.

At this point I am a Christian who is very new to it and my children are attending an evangelican Christian church.

Have a nice day.

Dawn said...

My experience with my husband (the atheist of the house)and other atheist friends is that believing in nothing is not a default atheist teaching. Belief in God may not be on the agenda but belief in character, love, morality, charity and all good stuff is.

My kids go to church with me as well. They get exposed to a lot of beliefs but by virtue of having a christian mom are involved in a christian faith tradition (Anglican). Whether they'll turn out to be believers or Christians in the end, I'm not sure. But I do know that with their father's example they'll be good and honest people. :)

BTW...I've had your blog on my sidebar and in my bookmarks for quite awhile. :) I've enjoyed a lot of your posts.

Not June Cleaver said...

You know, I commented on this the other day and I don't see it here. Wonder what happened? Oh well.

I wish I could draw and I wish I could sing. :(

BTW, thanks for replying to my note.

Dawn said...

//You know, I commented on this the other day and I don't see it here. Wonder what happened? Oh well.//

Blog Gremlins? I guess I'll have to set the snares again...