Thursday, July 22, 2010

The New Addition



This is Blue. She came from a Labrador rescue and is a lab/pit bull mix. We've had her for a couple of weeks now and can't imagine how we did without her. Even our old lab/rottie mix is having a great time with her.

My brother died at the end of February in a car accident that he should have walked away from. I may post more on that later but for now I'll just say that since he left puppies have invaded our family. Granted, my sister adopted her puppy in December so she already had Olive. When we arrived at my aunt and uncle's house (they live in Ontario, close to where my brother and his family was living at the time) we found that their Shih Tzu had given birth to four puppies just days earlier. When we got back to Nova Scotia my other brother adopted a puppy, Bella, from the same rescue my sister had. A month later one of the shih tzu puppies, Jazz, made the journey east to join my mom and dad. And two weeks ago my daughter and I fell seriously in love with Blue who was being fostered by my sister.

Now I don't mean to imply anything spiritual or mystical with any of this. I don't view see the sudden influx of puppies as mysterious or purposeful. All I want to say is that puppies are wonderful little things and that sometimes they have awesome timing.

5 comments:

Not June Cleaver said...

Nice to see you back again. I have yet to get back to blogging. :-(

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother, but happy that you have a wonderful puppy!

Dawn said...

Thanks June. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw geeze, no wonder you disappeared. So sorry Dawn.

Lorraine

Lynn said...

Hi Dawn,

I'm also very sorry to hear about your brother. And, I think you're right about the healing comfort of puppies. Kittens probably work, too. :)

Anonymous said...

To our big sister,
Our brother read your blog and I'm sure is glad to see you back.:)
lots of love from all your little siblings.