Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Chores!

Monday and much of Tuesday were a wash as I was down with a cold that doesn't seem to want to leave me. However, we discovered something neat when Catherine and I were discussing chores.

At DLTK's Crafts for Kids they have a customizable and printable chore chart. You can pick a picture for the chart, fonts, labels for each row and column and the colour of the font. Very cool and it has my kids excited about having some regular responsibilities. I'm not really keen on the whole chore thing or chore charts usually as I expect the kids to pitch in when I ask and I don't like reward chart ideas. But they seemed eager for a more structured approach and view the chart not as a reward method but more as an organizing tool. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: